Essential LNT Tips:
When acquiring gear for camping, look to borrow from a friend or find used equipment instead of buying new.
De-package all of your newly purchased items at the store where you bought them, or at home before you pack. Remove zip ties, twist ties, plastic wraps, extra cardboard, etc.
Bring a refillable water bottle. Summer Dream provides free water to all participants.
Plastic water bottles will NOT be available for sale. We also urge you not to bring any.
As part of our "less plastic please" mission, we encourage that you bring your own reusable eating utensils - cup, plate, bowl, fork, knife, spoon, and anything else you might need.
There is NO GLASS on the beach. This means, if you want to bring alcohol, please transferring to other containers like stainless steel water bottles or other reusable non-glass container. It's an issue of public safety.
When you are at the event and you see waste, recyclables or other Matter Out Of Place (MOOP), please participate and put it where it belongs. Thank you!
Make it a daily practice when you are with us to bring your materials to our Sustainability Stations, and then take these practices home with you! Change happens when we all pitch in!
We encourage you to be highly conscious of everything you bring and how you will use it. Sometimes, less is more. Bring only what you need and leave the non-essentials at home. With forethought and practice, we can change the way we impact the Earth and each other, forging a new world built from our most imaginative Summer Dream. These practices when brought into our daily lives will lead to a larger transformation in the world around us. Your actions at home in your neighborhood will demonstrate another way of being to others. You will be the example and enact the change.
We extend our policies across all verticals to ensure that our entire festival is as green as possible!
- All of our vendors are carefully selected and all food served on site is 100% ethically sourced.
- We require all vendors to use compostable cups, plates, and cutlery.
- All installation art is required to be MOOP free and recycling friendly.
- All on site programming is MOOP free, and we communicate clearly with all partners and artists to ensure minimal environmental impact.
- Wherever possible, we use LED and solar powered lighting.
- We encourage you to bring natural and biodegradable soaps for showers - remember, it all goes back into the ocean!
- We're going carbon neutral! By 2018 our entire electrical grid will be fueled by bio-diesel!
SOME OF OUR ECO INITIATIVE PARTNERS INCLUDE:
FEATURED PHOTO BY REDLITE PHOTOGRAPHY